SECTION 1: NAME
The name of this corporation is Academy of Veterinary Dental Technicians, a non-profit, non-stock, membership based organization, organized under the laws of the state of Arizona in September 2001.
SECTION 2: PURPOSE
This Corporation is organized and is to be operated exclusively to continue the training and competency of those engaged in the profession and/or education of persons in the field of veterinary technology and veterinary dentistry and to promote research in such area. No part of the net earnings of the Corporation shall inure to the benefit of any private individual; no substantial part of the activities of the Corporation shall consist of the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation. The Corporation shall not participate in or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office within these limitations:
- The Corporation shall engage in and conduct the business of providing services without discrimination against any individual on the basis of race, sex, color, religious affiliation, sexual preference or national or ethnic origin.
- The Corporation shall aim to provide individual and group instruction by teachers or other qualified professionals that focus on educating, training and qualifying of veterinary dental technicians.
- The Corporation may lease and by gift, device or purchase, own and operate real estate for the accomplishment of such purpose.
- The Corporation may exercise any and all power that a non-profit, non-stock Corporation organized under the laws of the state of Arizona for these purposes is authorized to exercise.
- The Corporation upon dissolution or termination, shall distribute all of its remaining assets and property, after all necessary expenses have been paid to the National Association of Veterinary Technicians of America or other organizations which shall qualify under the applicable section of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended and the regulations as the same now exist or as they may be amended from time to time.
- The Corporation shall not, as a substantial part of its activities, engage in any activities that are not in themselves in furtherance of one or more of its purposes.
- The Corporation shall carry on only activities permitted to be carried on:
- By a corporation exempt under Federal income tax under the Internal Revenue Code on 2001 as amended or;
- By a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under Internal Revenue Code of 2001, as amended.